Yorkshire Wonder Horse
Go Racing In Yorkshire have teamed up with Yorkshire’s premier provider of equestrian supplies, Wm McIvor & Son, and are searching for the Yorkshire Wonder Horse!
How is this prestigious title earned?
The Yorkshire Wonder Horse will be the first horse that can win at all nine Yorkshire Racecourses between Saturday 26th March 2022 – the start of the flat turf season at Doncaster, and Sunday 31st December 2023.
Both flat and jump races will be included.
The prize is an amazing £100,000 – split between the owner, trainer, jockey and yard.
Terms and Conditions
- All races run under BHA regulations in Yorkshire will count towards the Yorkshire Wonder Horse Series. (i.e. charity races are excluded)
- The winner will be the first horse to win at all nine Yorkshire racecourses between Saturday 26th March 2022 and Sunday 31st December 2023.
- For the purpose of this competition, all horses will start from zero on Saturday 26th March 2022, regardless of previous career wins at Yorkshire courses.
- The horse declared the winner by the judge and confirmed by the stewards on the day of the race shall be final and there will be no retrospective changes to the result of the races for this competition, unless a winning horse is subsequently disqualified from the race by the BHA, in which case that particular race shall be null and void for the purposes of this competition.
- A race which results in a dead-heat will be awarded as a win at one of the Yorkshire Racecourses for all horses involved in the dead-heat.
- Should the dead heat occur when horses are competing for the ninth win, the prize money will be split between the qualifying horses involved.
- The £100,000 prize will be split 70% owner, 10% trainer, 10% jockey and 10% to the yard.
- If the winning horse has had multiple owners, trainers (and therefore yards) and jockeys, between it’s first and last qualifying wins the prize will be split on a pro-rata basis.