Coming to the end of the school holidays and looking for something to keep the kids entertained? We have just the day for you! We know how hard it can be keeping the children occupied whilst you endure the summer holidays, and our final Family Day can finish off their holiday in style and they’re sure to be entertained all day!
Our Family Days come to a conclusion on Sunday 18th August when we will be hosting our In The Zone Family Day. Ditch the lazy Sundays and join us for a fun filled day of action on and off the course. We have some fantastic ‘zones’ for you allowing you to get close to the action and see the raceday from many angles and also have the chance to learn a little more about different parts of the industry:
- The industry zone – Behind the Scenes Tour in the Weighing Room from 12.30pm – 12.45pm
- The horse zone – We will be joined by ex-racehorses and vets during a parade of ex-racers from 12.45pm
- The quiet zone – Enjoy a free tea or coffee with us while you read the Racing Post and pick out your selections. 12.30pm – 1pm in the Betting Hall
- The newcomers zone – New to racing? Meet our ‘Here to Help’ team who’ll show you the ropes and explain how an afternoon at the races works, on the Marquee site from 1pm
- The tipster zone – our experts will give you some pointers on the action from 1.30pm in the Winners Enclosure
- The kids zone – Get the kids involved with live demonstrations of horse handling and care. Watch them enjoy the Interactive Kids zone throughout the afternoon in the Picnic Enclosure.
As on all of our family days, we will have a children’s funfair, free sweets, children’s racecards, pony rides, face painting, bus trips to the start of races and loads more for the kids to enjoy. If it’s a fun day out with the family you’re after, this is the place to be. We are also hosting a ‘Kids Takeover’ day where the kids can take the reins on trying out a number of key raceday roles.
There’s some great action on track with seven fantastic races lined up. The feature of the day is our richest race of the season, the EBF Highfield Farm Flying Fillies’ Stakes for a £60,000 prize. There’s an impressive role of honour including 2015 winner, Divine, who went on to compete in Dubai.
Local business, Moor Top Farm Shop are sponsoring our third race on the card, whilst bookmakers William Hill are sponsoring two races, the fifth and six, both over a mile. Nova Display are sponsoring the final race of the day for three-year-olds over six furlongs.
Join us for our final Family Day of the season. We are offering a family ticket in advance for just £25 which admits 2 adults and their children (under 18) into the Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure. To book, or view full details, please visit www.pontefract-races.co.uk to secure your tickets now.