Winston C is ready for business ahead of his belated return in the Eppleworth Handicap at Beverley on Wednesday. The four-year-old son of Rip Van Winkle was a solid performer for Newmarket trainer Michael Bell and was not beaten far in races like last year’s Melrose Handicap at York. But Winston C has since been transferred to renowned jumps trainer Harry Fry and now competes in Charles Wentworth’s silks. The two-time winner also underwent a gelding operation last October as he gears up for a first start for 341 days. Dorset-based Fry, who will be saddling a first runner at Beverley, said: “He’s been with us a few months and he’s got some nice form in the book. “He’s had a break, and now he’s ready to run. He’s done plenty of work at home and we’re very happy with him, bu... (Read More)
THE 2018/19 SEASON TICKET IS NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE – NEW MEMBERS JOINING CAN COMMENCE THEIR MEMBERSHIP FROM 1ST DECEMBER GIVING 15 MONTHS FOR THE PRICE OF 12 – UNBEATABLE VALUE
• Racing most weekends
• See all the big races live!
• At least 10 free days at selected Yorkshire County Cricket Club matches
• Go Racing in Yorkshire once a fortnight and your membership card has easily paid for itself
• FREE parking (Except on-site parking at Doncaster St. Leger Festival)
• £350 (single) – £560 (joint) NO INCREASE IN PRICE FOR NEXT SEASON
1. Offers Grandstand & Paddock admission at all meetings*
2. Ability to transfer up to the Members’ Enclosure at most meetings
3. Valid for a full year from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019
4. A wide variety of racecourses to visit – approx 185 meetings per year
5. It’s simple to use and allows you to watch every race in Yorkshire ‘live’
* Course Enclosure admission into York’s Ebor Festival. Grandstand &
Paddock day tickets are available at a discount (must be pre-booked).
Transfers into Grandstand & Paddock available on the day.
Family Enclosure admission into Doncaster on St. Leger Day
Grandstand tickets available in advance, also at a discount.
1. Savings of more than £1300 can be made.
2. Less than £6 per week for a year of racing action.
3. Attend 1 meeting once a fortnight and the season ticket has paid for itself.
If you’d like to become a Go Racing In Yorkshire season ticket holder please click on the link beneath to download the application form:Download Application Form
Please send your completed application form to:
Go Racing In Yorkshire
c/o Wetherby Racecourse
- Admits the holder to the Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure (except at York’s Ebor Festival, which is Course Enclosure admittance and at Doncaster on Ladbrokes St. Leger Day, which is Family Enclosure admission).
- The Season Ticket is non-transferable and remains the property of Go Racing in Yorkshire. The Season Ticket holder shall not be professionally engaged in racing.
- A charge of £25 will be levied (in advance) for a replacement Season Ticket. Replacements issued at the discretion of ‘Go Racing in Yorkshire’.
- The Season Ticket shall be shown on request to any member of racecourse staff.NB: Day tickets for Grandstand entry at the York Ebor Festival and Doncaster’s Ladbrokes St. Leger Day can be purchased in advance at a discount, one ticket per Season Ticket holder. Order forms will be sent out in June.
- Transfers into Members’ Enclosure are available at all meetings subject to availability.
- Season Ticket admittance points are:- Catterick – Owners & Trainers, Beverley, Pontefract & Doncaster – Grandstand/Paddock
Redcar – Ticket collection point, Ripon & Thirsk – Officials gate, York Gate No 5