George Chaloner, who retired from race riding last year after a series of injuries, and has been looking for employment in the industry since then, has been engaged by Pontefract Racecourse as part of its Management Team. George, who rode 137 winners from 1,400 rides during a 7 year career, has been appointed as full time Management Assistant. Whilst assisting both Pontefract's Managing Director, Norman Gundill, and Assistant Manager Richard Hammill, he will be primarily involved in working with Richard Hammill to implement Pontefract's Marketing and Promotions Plan. He is also to train as a Clerk of the Course and once he is accredited Norman Gundill will give up that role and George will share Clerking Duties with Richard Hammill. Norman Gundill said "With our continued success,... (Read More)
THE 2018/19 SEASON TICKET IS NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE – NEW MEMBERS JOINING CAN COMMENCE THEIR MEMBERSHIP FROM 1ST DECEMBER GIVING 15 MONTHS FOR THE PRICE OF 12 – UNBEATABLE VALUE
• Racing most weekends
• See all the big races live!
• At least 10 free days at selected Yorkshire County Cricket Club matches
• Go Racing in Yorkshire once a fortnight and your membership card has easily paid for itself
• FREE parking (Except on-site parking at Doncaster St. Leger Festival)
• £350 (single) – £560 (joint) NO INCREASE IN PRICE FOR NEXT SEASON
1. Offers Grandstand & Paddock admission at all meetings*
2. Ability to transfer up to the Members’ Enclosure at most meetings
3. Valid for a full year from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019
4. A wide variety of racecourses to visit – approx 185 meetings per year
5. It’s simple to use and allows you to watch every race in Yorkshire ‘live’
* Course Enclosure admission into York’s Ebor Festival. Grandstand &
Paddock day tickets are available at a discount (must be pre-booked).
Transfers into Grandstand & Paddock available on the day.
Family Enclosure admission into Doncaster on St. Leger Day
Grandstand tickets available in advance, also at a discount.
1. Savings of more than £1300 can be made.
2. Less than £6 per week for a year of racing action.
3. Attend 1 meeting once a fortnight and the season ticket has paid for itself.
If you’d like to become a Go Racing In Yorkshire season ticket holder please click on the link beneath to download the application form:Download Application Form
Please send your completed application form to:
Go Racing In Yorkshire
c/o Wetherby Racecourse
- Admits the holder to the Grandstand & Paddock Enclosure (except at York’s Ebor Festival, which is Course Enclosure admittance and at Doncaster on Ladbrokes St. Leger Day, which is Family Enclosure admission).
- The Season Ticket is non-transferable and remains the property of Go Racing in Yorkshire. The Season Ticket holder shall not be professionally engaged in racing.
- A charge of £25 will be levied (in advance) for a replacement Season Ticket. Replacements issued at the discretion of ‘Go Racing in Yorkshire’.
- The Season Ticket shall be shown on request to any member of racecourse staff.NB: Day tickets for Grandstand entry at the York Ebor Festival and Doncaster’s Ladbrokes St. Leger Day can be purchased in advance at a discount, one ticket per Season Ticket holder. Order forms will be sent out in June.
- Transfers into Members’ Enclosure are available at all meetings subject to availability.
- Season Ticket admittance points are:- Catterick – Owners & Trainers, Beverley, Pontefract & Doncaster – Grandstand/Paddock
Redcar – Ticket collection point, Ripon & Thirsk – Officials gate, York Gate No 5